Holly Winter Couture Privacy Notice
Our contact details
Name: Holly Winter Stevens
Phone Number: 07966 887431
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details);
Information about your wedding/event, your requirements, body measurements, photos and any related information.
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you to complete work for you as agreed and communicate with you about said work.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Holly Winter Stevens;
(b) We have a contractual obligation with you;
(c) We have a legal obligation (such as tax reporting);
(f) We have a legitimate interest (for example, to promote our services).
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us to complete our work for you as agreed, to comply with our legal obligations for the purposes of tax reporting and in case we need to resolve any complaints. We may also use photos of finished garments to publicise our services.
We may share this information with service providers we subcontract for the purposes of completing our work for you as agreed.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored on password-protected devices and cloud storage accounts and/or in hard copy on our premises.
We keep all information for a minimum seven years. If no longer required, we will then dispose of your information by deleting it from our devices and cloud storage accounts and securely destroying hard copies.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Last updated: 17 August 2020
General Terms and Conditions
I, Holly Winter Stevens, trading as Holly Winter Couture, create and/or alter garments to your instructions. These terms and conditions form the basis of contract between you and me for the provision of my services (“Agreement”).
- Prices are based on information available at the time the quote is given. Changes after this may require extra work and therefore incur extra costs.
- unless otherwise specified in the product description, all items are custom made to order. Please allow three weeks for your item to be made plus shipping time.
- No work will take place before I receive your payment.
- Shop payments can be made by card or Paypal.
- Deadlines can only be guaranteed if they are made at the initial consultation, and you fully co-operate to meet these deadlines.
- I shall not be liable for any default due to any act of God or other event beyond my reasonable control.
- Acceptance of urgent work is at my discretion, and I will do it on a reasonable endeavours basis and the work will attract a premium charge.
- Sales are final and I do not accept returns of made-to-order products unless they are faulty or otherwise not as described.
- All other warranties, whether express or implied, by statute or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of any breach of this Agreement, your remedies shall be limited to direct damages and under no circumstances shall my liability under this Agreement exceed the price of the garment(s) made by me and, if not included in the price, the cost of the materials (excluding delivery charges). This Agreement and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any cause of action arising under this /Agreement must be instituted within six (6) months after the services were supplied by me. The language used herein shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. Each party to this Agreement agrees that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear, settle and/or determine any dispute or claim arising out of in connection with this Agreement or services provided under it, including any question regarding its existence, validity, formation or termination. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the website or Holly Winter Stevens is in conflict or inconsistent with these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall take precedence. Failure of Holly Winter Stevens to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. Nothing in this Agreement should be deemed to remove any of your statutory rights as a consumer.
- You consent that I may subcontract elements of my services to other service providers at my discretion. This includes sharing your data as appropriate.
- I am not liable for costs or arrangements you incur through contact with me such as, but not limited to, travel expenses and telephone bills.
- Fittings, if required, by default take place at my premises (Farnborough, Hants, GU14 7AR). I offer a visiting service for fittings at other locations on request and for a charge that covers my travel expenses and time.